Digital Storage Inc. (DSI) is committed to protecting your privacy. This policy describes our practices regarding business and personal account information collected through our Web site. In this policy, "personal and business account information" means your name, company name, account number, address, telephone number, and e-mail address plus any other information that personally identifies you, including your industry, the number of employees at your company, and purchase history, or would permit us to contact you.
The amount and type of information we collect from you depends on your activities and use of our Web site. Below, we explain what information we collect as it pertains to your usage and access of the site.
- We collect your IP address to measure our Web site traffic.
- Browser type. We collect information about the browser you are using to help optimize our Web site for visitors.
- Movements through our Web site. We keep track of pages you visit to help provide you with a more personalized shopping experience.
Accessing via a Web Account
- We collect your user name, password, e-mail address, password hint question, and answer to your hint question to protect your Web Account. We use your password hint question and answer to identify you as the account user if you have forgotten your password. You can help us ensure your privacy by not sharing your user name or password.
- We also require your customer number and request you to enter your phone and fax numbers.
- We collect your name, address and payment information to process your order. However, you may provide credit card and purchase order numbers by telephone.
- We collect information contained in "cookies", such as your purchases and log in data, to personalize your online experience. Your browser must be set to accept cookies if you wish to use our site.
- You must create a Web Account or provide your e-mail address and relevant information to an internal representative to subscribe to our e-mail communications. We use your Web Account information in connection with your subscription.
- We collect your name, Web Account login, IP address, and contents of the file.
Use of Information
We may use your personal and account information to provide products or services you have requested, respond to a communication from you, contact you, and as otherwise described in this policy.
We may occasionally send you promotional or product information. If you do not wish to receive promotional or product information, you may opt out of future communications by following the instructions in the e-mail communication or contacting your account manager.
We may also analyze and act upon your personal and account information as part of our standard business practices. We may use this commercial information along with your personal and account information to customize our offerings to you, as well as for our internal use.
In addition, in order to measure how we are doing and to better understand how we can improve our product offerings, we may contact you by telephone or e-mail and solicit your participation in research or surveys.
If you become our customer, we may send you updates on important information about our company and services.
Access to Information
We restrict access to your personal and account information to those who need access to use it as set forth in this policy. Only authorized personnel are permitted to see your Web Account password. Your other personal and account information may be disclosed to third parties in limited circumstances.
Protection of Information
We use 128-bit encryption technology and Secure Socket Layers ("SSL") in all areas where your personal and account information is required. Our Web site is certified by a third party, which verifies that our Web site is authentic and that we use SSL security. To view our security certificate, click on the image of the closed lock or the solid key at the bottom of your browser window. Our Web site security information will appear.
In addition, your personal and account information and transaction history are kept behind our firewall and held privately from public internet access. All transaction information is processed under encrypted channels, although you may choose unencrypted processing.
You may correct some personal and account information maintained in your Web Account through your Web Account. To correct any other information, please contact your account manager. If you do not know your account manager, simply call (800) 232-3475.
Effective Date: 9/1/2012
Digital Storage Inc.
7611 Green Meadows Dr.
Lewis Center, OH 43035